1. Two pencils costs 8 cents, then 5 pencils cost how much
2. A work is done by the people in 24 min. one of them can do
this work a lonely in 40 min. how much time required to do the
work for the second person.
3. A car is filled with four and half gallons of oil for full
trip. fuel is taken 1/4 gallons mor3 in going than coming. what is
the fiel consumed in coming up? (2 gallons)
4. low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2
hinge as higher temperature in a day. sum of the low temp and
higherst temp is 100C. then what is the low temperature (40 C)
5. A person who decided to go weekend trip should not exceed 8
driving in a day Average speed of forward journy is 40 mph. due
to traffic in sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 mph.
how far he can select a picnic spot (120 miles).
6. A sales person multiplied a number and get the answer is 3,
instead of that number divided by 3. what is th answer he actually
has to get ? (1/3).
7. A ship started from port and moving with I mph and another ship
started from L and moving with H mph. At which place these two
meet ? ( Ans is between I and J and close to J)
port G H I J K L
8. A building with hight D ft shadow upto G A neighbour building
what height shadow C ft is (B ft.)
A B C D E F G H
9. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10
person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice
the same. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35
mph. find the speed limit (15 mph)
10. A bus started from bustand at 8.00a m and after 30 min staying
destination, it returned back to the bustand. the destination is
27 miles from the bustand. the speed of the bus 50 percent fast
speed. At what time it retur4ns to the bustand (11.00)
11.in a mixture, R is 2 parts, S is 1 part. in order to make S to
of the mixture, howmuch R is to be added ( one part).
12. wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much time
13. with 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full
tank. how much distance travels ( 5 miles).
14. two trees are there. one grows at 3/5 of the other. in 4
years, total growth of trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree will
have in 2 years. (<2ft)
15. A storm will move with a velocity of towards the center in
hours. At the same rate how much far will it move in hrs.
(but Ans is 8/3 or 2 2/3).
Sunday, March 9, 2008 at 10:10 PM
at 10:09 PM
1. If two pencils cost 8 cents, then how much do 5 pencils cost?
Ans. 20 cents
2. Some work is done by two people in 24 minutes. One of them can do this work alone
in 40 minutes. How much time does the second person take to do the same work ?
Ans. 60 minutes
3. A car is filled with four and half gallons of fuel for a round trip.If the amount of fuel taken while going is 1/4 more than the amount taken for coming, what is the amount of fuel consumed while coming back?
4. The lowest temperature in the night in a city A is 1/3 more than 1/2 the highest during the day. Sum of the lowest temperature and the highest temperature is 100 degrees. Then what is the low temp?
5. Javagal, who decided to go to weekened trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a
day. The average speed of forward journey is 40 miles/hr.Due to traffic on sundays, the return journey's average speed is 30 m/h. How far he can select a picnic spot?
a) 120 miles
b) between 120 and 140 miles
c) 160 miles
Ans. 120 miles
6. A salesperson by mistake multiplied a number and got the answer as 3, instead of
dividing the number by 3.What is the answer he should have actually got?
7. A building with height D shadow upto G. What is the height of a neighbouring
building with a shadow of C feet.
8. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph. Another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was travelling at a speed of 35 mph, find the speed limit.
Ans. 15 mph
9. A bus started from bustand at 8.00am, and after staying for 30 minutes at a destination, it returned back to the busstand. The destination is 27 miles from the busstand. The speed of the bus is 18mph. During the return journey bus travels with 50% faster speed.At what time does it return to the busstand?
10. In a mixture, R is 2 parts and S is 1 part. In order to make S to 25% of the mixture, how much of R is to be added?
Ans.One part of R
11. Wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for travelling 80 miles how much time does it
Ans. 2 hrs 45 mins
12. With a 4/5 full tank a vehicle can travel 12 miles, how far can it travel with a 1/3 full tank
Ans. 5 miles
13. There are two trees in a lawn. One grows at a rate 3/5 of the other in 4 years. If the total growth of trees is 8 ft. What is the height of the smaller tree after 2 years
Ans. 1 1/2 feet
14. Refer to the figure below.A ship started from P and moves at a speed of I miles per hour and another ship starts from L and moving with H miles per hour
simultaneously.Where do the two ships meet?
PG H I J K L are the various stops in between denoted by || . The values g, h, i, j, k, l denote the distance between the ports.
Ans. Between I and J, closer to J
15. If A is travelling at 72 km per hour on a highway. B is travelling at a speed of 25 meters per second on a highway. What is the difference in their speeds in m/sec.
Ans. 1 m/sec
Pick the odd one…..
1.http 2.arp 3.snmp 4.sap Ans-sap
1.linux 2.windows NT 3.sql server 4.Unix Ans-Sql server
8. Which of the following is a singular matrix. (Determinant must be zero)
9. Aeroplane is flying at a particular angle and latitude,after some time another latitude is given..(8 hrs later), u r asked to find the local time of the place.
how many Ws r followed by F and preceded by T.
11. 7,9,13,_,27,37. Ans-19
13.194 base 10 = ____ base 5 (1234)
14.Largest prime no. in a 6 bit,8 bit (Ans 127),9 bit microprocessor
15.n=68 x 12 x 51
Which of the follg is not an integer Ans- n/122
16.Which is a/not a power of 2 or 3.
Power of 4 Ans-4096
at 10:08 PM
Yes, according to a growing body of evidence. High levels of vitamin D have
been found to protect against several kinds of cancer, particularly those
of the digestive system: mouth, throat, stomach, and colon. While many of
us think we get plenty of vitamin D from milk or a multivitamin, it turns
out that the best source is the sun. Its rays trigger your body to produce
the nutrient, and a 10-20 minute stroll each day yields an abundant dose.
The resulting cancer protection is impressive. Study participants with high
vitamin D levels had 43 percent fewer digestive-tract cancers, 29 percent
fewer cancer deaths, and 17 percent fewer cancers overall. Although vitamin
D is readily found in salmon, mackerel, herring, tuna, and sardines, as
well as fortified milk and supplements, sun exposure won hands-down as the
best source, because just a little light produces so much D.
How much of the sunshine vitamin do you need? About 1,500 IU each day to
reap the protective rewards seen in the study, which is about how much a
daily 10-20 minute walk produces. By contrast, a glass of milk has only 100
IU of D, and 3.5 ounces of salmon has 360 IU. Even the recommended daily
dose is comparatively low: just 400-600 IU. But many public health experts
are calling for the recommendation to be raised to 1,000-2,000 IU, the
current upper limit considered safe for adults.
To get your daily dose of sun while minimizing skin risks -- you don't want
to trade one cancer for another -- walk in the morning or afternoon, when
the rays are less intense. And try applying a sunscreen just before you
leave the house. Because it takes about 15-30 minutes for chemical
sunscreens to kick in, by the time it starts working, you'll have gotten
your daily D.
RealAge Benefit: Getting 400 IU of vitamin D and 1,200 milligrams of
calcium per day can make your RealAge as much as 1.3 years younger.
at 10:08 PM
1. A man starts his walking at 3PM from point A, he walks at the rate of 4km/hr in plains and 3km/hr in hills to reach the point B. During his return journey he walks at the rate of 6km/hr in hills and 4km/hr in plains and reaches the point A at 9PM.What is the distance between A and B?
T1-time for forward journey,
T2-time for return journey
D1+D2=forward /return distance
D1-distance in plains
D2-distance in hills
D1/4 +D2/3=T1 (forward time)
D1/4 +D2/6=T2 (return time)
Adding we will get D1+D2=12 km
2. A boy asks his father, " what is the age of grand father?". Father replied " He is x years old in x^2 years", and also said, "we are talking about 20th century". what is the year of birth of grand father?
3. A boy travels in a scooter after covering 2/3rd of the distance the wheel got punctured he covered the remaining distance by walk. Walking time is twice that of the time the boy’s riding time. How many times the riding speed as that of the walking speed?
Ans: 4 times.
4. In a Knockout tournament 51 teams are participated, every team thrown out of the tournament if they lost twice. How many matches to be held to choose the winner?
Ans: 101 matches
5. A man sold 2 pens. Initial cost of each pen was Rs. 12. If he sell it together one at 25% profit and another 20% loss. Find the amount of loss or gain, if he sells them separately.
Ans: 60 Paise gain
6. Find the 3 digit no. whose last digit is the square root of the first digit and second digit is the sum of the other two digits.
7. Meera was playing with her brother using 55 blocks.She gets bored playing and starts arranging the blocks such that the no. of blocks in each row is one less than that in the lower row. Find how many were there in the bottom most row?
8. Two people are playing with a pair of dies. Instead of numbers, the dies have different colors on their sides. The first person wins if the same color appears on both the dies and the second person wins if the colors are different. The odds of their winning are equal. If the first dice has 5 red sides and 1 blue side, find the color(s) on the second one.
Ans: 3 Red, 3 Blue
9. A person travels in a car with uniform speed. He observes the milestone,
which has 2 digits. After one hour he observes another milestone with same digits reversed. After another hour he observes another milestone with same 2 digits separated by 0. Find the speed of the car?
Ans : 45
10. Three persons A, B &C went for a robbery in different directions and they theft one horse, one mule and one camel. They were caught by the police and when interrogated gave the following statements
A: B has stolen the horse
B: I didn't rob anything.
C: both A & B are false and B has stolen the mule.
The person who has stolen the horse always tell the truth and
The person who has stolen the camel always tell the lie.
Find who has stolen which animal?
11. One quarter of the time till now from midnight and half of the time remaining from now up to midnight adds to the present time. What is the present time?
12. After world war II three departments did as follows First department gave some tanks to 2nd &3rd departments equal to the number they are having. Then 2nd department gave some tanks to 1st & 3rd departments equal to the number they are having. Then 3rd department gave some tanks to 2nd &1st departments equal to the number they are having. Then each department has 24 tanks. Find the initial number of tanks of each department?
13. A, B, C, D&E are having their birthdays on consecutive days of the week not necessarily in the same order. A 's birthday comes before G's as many days as B's birthday comes after E's. D is older than E by 2 days. This time G's birthday came on Wednesday. Then find the day of each of their birthdays?
Birthday of D on SUNDAY
Birthday of B on MONDAY
Birthday of E on TUESDAY
Birthday of G on WEDNESDAY
Birthday of A on THURSDAY
14. A girl 'A' told to her friend about the size and color of a snake she has seen
in the beach. It is one of the colors brown/black/green and one of the sizes 35/45/55.
If it were not green or if it were not of length 35 it is 55.
If it were not black or if it were not of length 45 it is 55.
If it were not black or if it were not of length 35 it is 55.
a) What is the color of the snake?
b) What is the length of the snake?
15. There are 2 persons each having same amount of marbles in the beginning. after that 1 person gain 20 more from second person n he eventually lose two third of it during the play n the second person now have 4 times marble of what 1st person is having now.
find out how much marble did each had in the beginning.
ANSWER - 100 each
16. A lady was out for shopping. she spent half of her money in buying A
and gave 1 dollar to bagger. further she spent half of her remaining
money and gave 2 dollar to charity. further she spent half of
remaining money n gave 3 dollar to some children's. now she has left
with 1 dollar. how much she had in the beginning?
17. There are certain diamonds in a shop.
1 thief stole half of diamonds and 2 more.
2 thief stole half of remaining and 2 more
3. same as above
4 same as above.
5 came nothing was left for that.
how many diamonds was there???
Ans 60 diamonds
18. There are three friends A B C.
1. Either A or B is oldest
2. Either C is oldest or A is youngest.
Who is Youngest and who is Oldest?
Ans A is youngest n B is oldest.
19. Father says my son is five times older than my daughter. my wife is 5
times older that my son. I am twice old from my wife and altogether
(sum of our ages) is equal to my mother 's age and she is celebrating
her 81 birthday. so what is my son's age?
Ans - 5 years.
20. In Mulund, the shoe store is closed every Monday, the boutique is closed every Tuesday, the grocery store is closed every Thursday and the bank is open only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Everything is closed on Sunday.
One day A, B, C and D went shopping together, each with a different place to go. They made the following statements:
A.D and I wanted to go earlier in the week but there wasn’t day when we could both take care of our errands.
B.I did not want to come today but tomorrow I will not be able to do what I want to do.
C.I could have gone yesterday or the day before just as well as today.
D.Either yesterday or tomorrow would have suited me.
Which place did each person visit ?
21. The Novice hockey tournaments are on for beginners. Just three teams are in the league, and each plays the other two teams just once. Only part of the information appears in the result chart, which is given below.
Team Games Won Lost Tied Goals For Goals against
A 2 1 0
B 2 1 1 2
The scoring pattern in the tournament is as follows:
Two points are awarded to the winning team. In case of a tie, both teams are awarded one point, so the total points in the standings should always equal the total number of games played ( since each game played is counted as one for each of the two participating teams). Of course, total goals scored for and goals scored against must be the same, since every goal scored for one team is scored against another.
The games are played in the following order: Game 1: A Vs B; Game 2: A Vs C; Game B Vs C
Can you determine the score of each of the above games ?
Ans: A – B = 0-1.
A – C = 0-0.
B – C = 0-2.
22. A recent murder case centered around the six men, clam, flip, gront, herm, mast, and walt. In one order or another these man were the victim, the murderer, the witness, the police, the judge, and the hangman. The facts of the case were simple. The victim had died instantly from the effect of gunshot wound inflicted a shot. After a lengthy trial the murderer was convicted, sentenced to death, and hanged.
§ Mast knew both the victim and the murderer.
§ In court the judge asked clam his account of the shooting.
§ Walt was the last of the six to see flip alive.
§ The police testified that he picked up gront near the place where the body was found.
§ Herm and Walt never met.
What role did each of the following play in this melodrama ?
a) Murderer – Flip.
b) Victim - Herm.
c) Judge - Mast.
d) Witness - Gront.
22.There are 6 people related to a murder case Fillip, walt, Mark, joseph, peter, and george. Each of them is police ,murderer, judge, Witness, victim, and hangman. Maynot be in the same order. The murderer is hanged up for this crime.
Following are some statements,
1. Joseph knows both witness and murderer
2. Walt is the last who saw fillip alive.
3. Police made sure that he arrested george at the murder site.
4. Peter doesn’t meet Walt.
Find who played following role in the above drama
4. Hangman ( 8 Marks)
1. Murderer - Walt
2. Judge - Joseph
3. Witness - George
4. Hangman – Peter
23. Fodder, pepsi and cereale often eat dinner out.
a) each orders either coffee or tea after dinner.
b) if fodder orders coffee, then pepsi orders the drink that cereale orders
c) if pepsi orders coffee, then fodder orders the drink that cereale doesnot oder
d) if cereale orders tea, then fodder orders the drink that pepsi orders
which person/persons always orders the same drink after dinner ?
24. At a recent birthday party there were four mothers and their children. Aged 1,2,3 and 4. from the clues below can you work out whose child is whose and their relevant ages ?
· It was jane’s child’s birthday party.
· Brian is not the oldest child.
· Sarah had Anne just over a year ago.
· Laura’s Child will be next birthday.
· Daniel is older than Charlie is.
· Teresa’s child is the oldest.
· Charlie is older than Laura’s child.
Jane – Charlie -3
Laura – Brian – 2
Teresa – Daniel – 4
Sarah – Anne - 1
25. We are given 100 pieces of a puzzle. If fixing two components together is counted as 1 move ( a component can be one piece or an already fixed set of pieces), how many moves do we need to fix the entire puzzle.
26. Two guys work at some speed...After some time one guy realises he has done only half of the other guy completed which is equal to half of what is left !!! #$%#$
So how much faster than the other is this guy supposed to do to finish with the first... (This one stumped me)..
Ans: one and half times or 3/2
27. There is a square cabbage patch.He told his sister
that i have a larger patch than last year and hence
211 more cabbages thios year.Then how many cabbages i
have this year.?
28. There are three guesses on the color of a mule
1 says:itz not black
2 says:itz brown or grey
3 says: itz brown
Atlest one of them is wrong and one of them is
true.....Then whatz the color of mule?
29. Jim,Bud and sam were rounded up by the police yesterday. because one
of them was
suspected of having robbed the local bank. The three suspects made
the following statements
under intensive questioning.
Jim: I'm innocent
Bud: I'm innocent
Sam: Bud is the guilty one.
If only one of the statements turned out to be true, who robbed the
30. There are two containers on a table. A and B . A is half full of
wine, while B, which is twice A's size,
is onequarter full of wine . Both containers are filled with water
and the contents are poured into a
third container C. What portion of container C's mixture is wine ?
31. A man was on his way to a marriage in a car with a constant speed.
After 2 hours one of the tier is punctured and it took 10 minutes to replace it.
After that they traveled with a speed of 30 miles/hr and reached the marriage
30 minutes late to the scheduled time. The driver told that they would be
late by 15 minutes only if the 10 minutes was not waste.
Find the distance between the two towns?
Ans: 120 miles
32. An artist has exactly seven paintings --- ,T,U,V,W,X,Y, and Z -- from
which she must choose exactly five to be in an exhibit. Any
combination is acceptable provided it meets the following conditions:
1. If T is chosen , X cannot be chosen
2. If U is chosen , Y must also be chosen
3. If V is chosen , X must also be chosen
1) Which one of the following is an acceptable combination of
paintings for inclusion in the exhibit?
2) If painting T is chosen to be among the paintings included int he
exhibit which one of the following cannot be chosen to be among the
paintings included in the exhibit?
3)Which one of the following substitutions can the artist always make
without violating restrictions affecting the combination of paintings
given that the painting mentioned first was not, and the painting
mentioned first was not, and the painting mentioned second was,
originally going to be chosen ?
A. T replaces V
B. U replaces Y
C. V replaces X
D. W replaces Y
E. Z replaces W
4) If the artist chooses painting V to be included among the
paintings in the exhibit, which one of the following must be true of
that combination of paintings?
A. T is not chosen
B. Y is not chosen
C. U is chosen
D. W is chosen
E. Z is chosen
33. Yesterday my mother asked me to buy some stamps. Stamps are available
in 2 paise,7paise,10paise,15paise and 20paise denominations. For
three types of stamps I was asked to buy five of each. For the other
two types of stamps. I was asked to buy six of each. Unfortunately I
forgot which I was supposed to buy five of and which to buy six of .
Luckily my mother had given me the exact money required to buy the
stamps , Rs. 3.00 and the shopkeeper was able to give me the correct
stamps. Which stamps did I buy?
Ans: 6 stamps – 180 (10p & 20p)
5 stamps – 120 (2p, 7p, 15p)
34. Farmer jones sold a pair of cows for Rs. 210 , On one he made a
profit of ten percent and on the other he lost ten percent.
Although he made a profit of five percent. How many did each cow
originally cost him?
35. I spent one-sixth of my age as a boy and one-12th in youth, remarked the boss "spent one-seventh and five years in matrimony". My son born just after that period was elected as a governor 4 years back when he was half of my present age. What is the age of the boss?
36. A girl had several dollars with her. she went out for shopping and spent half of them in shopping mall,being generous she had given 1 dollar to the beggar. After that she went for lunch and spent the half of the remaining and gave 2 dollars as tip to the waiter. Then she went to watch a movie and spent the half of remaining dollars and gave autorikshaw-wala 3 dollars. This left her with only 1 dollar. How many dollars did she had with her at the beggining.
37. 3 couples were there ,B ,E,C. and G, H, M ,
Bill,Eds and Cleo husbands and Grace,Helen and Marry wives, not in order.
went to play 18 points golf .
1.GHM and E scored 100,102,106 and 94 respectively.
2.B and C either scored 98 and 96 and had written there scores in cards which they lost .but when found them back,they found that the two couples had the sAME TOTAL.
3.eDS WIFE DEFEATED bILLS WIFE.
Tell the combinations?
Ans: B - G.
C - H.
E - M.
38. A bargain hunter bought some plates for $ 1.30 from a sale on saturday, where price 2cents was marked off at each article .On Monday she went to return them at regular prices, and bought some cups and saucers from that much amount of money only. the normal price of plate were equal to the price of 'one cup and one saucer'.
In total she bought 16 items more than previous. saucers were only of 3 cents hence she brought 10 saucers more than the cups,How many cups and saucers she bought and at what price?
Ans: 8,18 Price: 12,3.
39. Racing competition. Participants were from 3 tribes
Sonorean-always says truth
Midorean-alternatively says T and F ,not with any particular start.
A says-1. C obstructed me at the last moment ,which caused me to lose the race.
2. C always speak true
3. c is the winner.
B says - 1. A is the winner.
2. c says false always.
C says- 1.B won the Race
2. I didn't caused any obstruction to A at the last time.
Identify the tribes of each.
Ans: Sonorean - C
Midorean - A
Nororean – B
40. Mr. T has a wrong weighing pan. One arm is lengthier than other.1
kilogram on left balances 8 melons on right.1 kilogram on right
balances 2 melons on left. If all melons are equal in weight, what is
the weight of a single melon?
at 10:06 PM
Danush is to remake yesteryear's box office hit Agni Nakshathram. The production initiatives are through and he is doing one of the roles. As the original had Prabhu vs Karthik, Danush wants a person to opposite him.
For a surprise, there was a voluntary announcement from Simbhu accepting to do the role of either Karthik or Prabhu.
Danush doubts that, without any negative intention, Simbhu will not offer himself to do the role in a movie he is making, that too voluntarily. Literally for every action of Simbhu, Danush seems to be scarred.
at 10:06 PM
Everyone in Kollywood dream about becoming either hero or heroine. Most of the directors of these days are acting as hero, while dance masters have already tried their luck. Even stunt masters are testing the waters, e.g.. Kananl Kannan - he is doing two movies now!!!
Comedians, who were once considered as pickles and sauce for the movie are in lead roles now.
As busy comedians like Vadivelu and Vivek are concentrating more on lead roles, new comers and people who were not able to shine because of these V&V are enjoying the gap.
Pattabi, who was busy in small screen is now very busy in silver screen. The guy Sandhanam who kills all of us in the name of comedy is also very busy.
at 10:05 PM
The film centers on Shanmugam (Jeevan), who suffers a lot in his early days, as his mother dies getting abandoned by her husband. With no one to support his basic needs, a police officers comes to aid adopting him and sooner Shanmugham aka Thotta turns into a gangster and cunning blackmailer.
A serious task binds him together with Nalina (Priyamani) when Thota is urged to acid on her. But Nalina happens to be a good-doer in Shanmugham's life as she had helped him with money to conduct his mother's funeral rites. In contrary, Thotta gets more attached with Nalina who has a great ambition of becoming a police officer. On the attempts of fulfilling Nalina's dreams, he takes up the task of gunning down an union minister in return for a job for Nalina.
But it's a complicated situation for Shanmugham, when the police commissioner who raised him demands to have intercourse with Nalina.
Well, what happens next narrated in predictable manner forms crux of the story…
An innocent man turning into a gangster never seems to be fade in Tamil cinema and along the same queue comes Thotta, a movie you will hate all the time. Well, expectations were more as duo Director Selvah-Jeevan had rocked with yesteryear super hit movie Naan Avanillai. But the same duo have failed to make up for the expectations among the audiences.
A same old tale of an abandoned youngster turning into a gangster and a girl changing his entire course of life is all Thotta about. Poorly drafted screenplay, vague characters and an annoying direction would be main the limelight of the movie. Each and every serious, emotional and action sequences from director's perspective turns out to be an annoying comedy.
Seems like Director Selvah never came to the shooting spots demanding for any perfection from the actors and if you would like to confirm this, kindly watch this movie at your own risk.
Like in his previous films like Kaakha Kaakha and Naan Avanillai, Jeevan does a good job in getting spotted with an action-packed role, but it's a great disappointment his performance in romance part. He is not seen passionate while romancing with his ladylove.
The most annoying part of the movie is the role of baddies played by Mayilsamy, Livingston and Santhanabharathy. Especially, Mayilsaamy irritates a lot with his comedy tracks that doesn't make you laugh.
Priyamani does justice to her performance, but her role isn't convincing and it raises a big question, why she accepts such kind of roles?
Nothing to appreciate about technicians and Srikanth Deva isn't able to analyze the tastes of audiences: His musical score doesn't enhance the feel. The same goes with cinematography and editing.
As a whole, Thotta is a movie that you can watch, if you don't any worthy thing to do.