Hrithik's Clone Harman is nervous

Harman Baweja, who debuts in the much-hyped futuristic film 'Love Story 2050', admits that he's truly nervous about getting signed on by five top filmmakers even before his first film is out.

The newcomer is the only debutant to have got five big banner projects in his kitty, including films by established directors like Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Ashutosh Gowariker, Anees Bazmee and Manmohan Shetty. Harman is nervous and says there is already a lot of pressure to perform and live up to these ace directors' expectations. 'These are such great filmmakers. They've just seen my first film's rushes ... that is my baby step towards filmdom. Pressure increases manifold since it is happening even before my first release,' the actor told IANS on the sidelines of an event here.

Harman revealed little-known facets about his personality like his passion for dance and how he had learnt Kathak for over a year. 'I love dancing though I am not technically into it. Kamal Haasan's 'Tandav' inspired me to train in Kathak for a year and a half. Otherwise, all my childhood I've imitated Michael Jackson and Prabhu Deva,' Harman said. Averting comparisons between him and Hrithik Roshan, he said: 'He (Hrithik) is extremely senior and has been in the industry for 10 years and proved his mettle. It is sort of bringing him down by comparing with me.

'I am not actually competing with anyone. Acting is not a sport; it's creativity. I enjoy doing what I am doing and I'll continue doing it.' Asked about his on-screen chemistry with girlfriend Priyanka Chopra in 'Love Story 2050', Harman said: 'Priyanka is my senior and has worked far more than me. She got involved in the whole process as a team. She's a perfect co-star. The debutant says the film, which releases July 4, is very special for him as his whole family was involved in its making. 'Love Story 2050' is very personal and that's the USP of the film. It's not a home production; it's a production at home,' he quipped.


'My dad has directed the film, my mom's produced it while my sister is the senior assistant director, apart from me acting in it! He added: 'I have to do a lot of justice to the movie, my parents and Adlabs who've invested in it.'

0 comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites
 
ss_blog_claim=4264f5a6d0fe9d119877aceedca73ce0 ss_blog_claim=4264f5a6d0fe9d119877aceedca73ce0